We here at My Green Australia we really do love our readers, so for Valentine’s day (or ANY day) please take some timeout and relax with a delicious treat!
To show our love for the day here is a wonderful Chocolate Mud Cake (vegan) for you to make! mmmmm
- 125g (4 ounces) soft vegan margarine (such as nuttelex)
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup soya milk
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Blend the cocoa in the hot water and gradually add to the marg/sugar mixture.
- add the lemon juice to the milk to sour it.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and add it to the creamed mixture alternately with the soured milk. Mix thoroughly.
- spoon the cake mixture into greased and floured 8″ cake pan and bake in a moderate oven (180 deg. C) for 30-40 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Turn out and allow to cool before icing.
- Ice with your favourite icing. I like plain white icing sugar/water and sprinkled with coconut. It’s not neccessary but if you can wait, the cake matures and cuts better the second day.
Recipe & image: http://ataac.org/content/view/78/35/