We are all doing our bit for the environment & cutting meat out of our diet makes a huge impact. So we bring you Meat Free Mid Week Recipes – P90X Vegan Pasta Salad
This recipe is my favourite lunch meal!
I have been doing the P90X workout for a fair few months now, basically on again and off again to keep my fitness levels up but this Pasta Salad is something I have on a daily rotation!
I do make a few changes to the original recipe such as remove the mayo. I don’t like mayonnaise very much, so I take it out. I also add some sprouts, cherry tomatos, and half the amount of onion. So this is a very versatile dish that you can make to what you have in the fridge and what you like.
- 8 oz. whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 medium green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, such as Kingland Soy Mayo® (This is definitely optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Large serving bowl
- Wire whisk
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl, add all the vegetables, and toss to combine. Whisk the mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar together until smooth. Pour over pasta and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Thanks to P90X for this recipe – basically it is what I have for lunch every day at work! I make a huge batch Sunday night and it keeps in the fridge the whole week for my work lunches! It is delicious, super filling and great for keeping the munchies at bay!