The People’s Choice is an opportunity for everyone to participate in the Premier’s Sustainability Awards, Victoria’s most prestigious sustainability awards program, and learn more about the businesses, organisations and community groups leading the way with their environmental initiatives.
By visiting the People’s Choice Awards, members of the public can vote for their favourite finalist in one or more of the nine award categories. There are nine prize packages up for grabs containing products from ecostore and EcoSwitch as part of the People’s Choice, with winners being drawn at random from those who voted for the People’s Choice winner in each category.
Voting for the People’s Choice opens today and closes 5pm Saturday 20 September. Cast your vote here.
Now in their 12th year, the Premier’s Sustainability Awards celebrate efficient use of water, resources and energy, better waste management and recycling practices, the enhancement of the environment and effective, practical community action.
Twenty-seven finalists have been chosen in nine categories: Cleaner Yarra and Bay; Community; Education; Environmental Protection; Infrastructure and Buildings; Innovative Products or Services, Large Business; Small and Medium Enterprises, and; Tourism.
People’s Choice votes can be casted for the following organisations:
Cleaner Yarra and Bay
- Multipro Civil Pty Ltd – Birrarung Marr Stormwater Harvesting Project
- Port Phillip EcoCentre – Life Support for the Bay
- Zoos Victoria – Seal the Loop
- Aware Industries – Aware Industries Recycled Pallet Furniture
- Knox City Council, Alpine Shire, City of Melbourne, City of Port Phillip, Yarra Ranges Council – Seedlings: Sustainability in the Early Years
- Moreland Energy Foundation Ltd (MEFL) – Easy Energy Efficiency for SMEs
- Nathalia & District Preschool – Nathalia & District Preschools Sustainable Journey
- St Louis de Montfort’s Primary School Aspendale – St Louis de Montfort’s Leaders in Sustainability Education
- St Macartan’s Primary School – Education for Sustainability
- Barwon Water, Plenary Environment Water Infrastructure Group – The Barwon Water Biosolids Management Project
- Southern Rural Water in partnership with West Gippsland Catchment Management Authority and the Department of Environment & Primary Industries – Protecting the Health of the Gippsland Lakes –
Macalister Nutrient Reduction Program
- Veolia – North West Organics Project – Bulla
Infrastructure and Buildings
- Burbank – Target Zero Waste to Landfill
- Regional Rail Link Authority – Regional Rail Link Project
- South East Water – Peninsula Early Connection Option (ECO) Project
Innovative Products or Services
- Camperdown Compost Company – Environmentally Sustainable Dairy Farming
- Earthco Projects Pty Ltd – PolyCom Stabilising Aid – Collaboration with local government to achieve sustainable roads
- Fieldtech Solutions Pty Ltd – Fieldtech Solutions
- Officeworks – Responsible Retailing
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia – Sustainability – Toyota’s Next Big Step
- ZF Boge Elastmetall Australia Pty Ltd – Establishing an Integrated Energy Reduction Mindset
Small and Medium Enterprises
- Interface Constructions Pty Ltd – Interface Constructions Pty Ltd
- KIA-ORA Piggery Pty Ltd – Environmental Stewardship Pig Poop & Passion
- The Linen Press – The Linen Press
- Conservation Volunteers Australia – Naturewise Eco Escapes
- Polperro Dolphin Swims Pty Ltd – Sustainable dolphin tourism in Port Phillip Bay
- Zoos Victoria – Healesville Sanctuary
The People’s Choice does not form part of the official Premier’s Sustainability Awards judging process. It has been designed as a way for Victorians who care about sustainability to get involved with the awards program.
The Premier’s Sustainability Awards ceremony takes place on Thursday 2 October at Peninsula Central Pier, 161 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands. Tickets are available online from now until Wednesday 24 September.
Full finalist profiles and awards night information is now available at http://sustainabilityawards.vic.gov.au.